Identifying the boundary between two properties requires specialist knowledge. In all cases, it would be necessary to take one or more of the following steps:
- Checking the title deeds and plans
- Taking measurements
- Referring to Ordnance Survey maps
- Resolving conflict between stated dimensions and scaled measurements
- Examining extrinsic evidence
The costs of pursuing a boundary dispute can run to thousands of pounds particularly if the matter is taken all the way to court. It is therefore essential at the outset to examine the facts that support your case and identify any problem that you may have to overcome before deciding how far to pursue the dispute.
We understand the importance of limiting the initial costs until you are in a better position to decide how to proceed.
We will limit our fee to no more than £200 + VAT for :
- Taking your initial instructions in a meeting or phone call lasting no longer than 30 minutes
- Reviewing the documents supplied by you
- Providing you with preliminary advice
- Entering into limited correspondence with the other party if an urgent response is required.
If the matter is to proceed to court we have experienced civil litigators who can help.
If you have a dispute or potential dispute, please contact Alison Gourley for a confidential discussion on 0141 552 3422 or by email on email@example.com